Administrative Detention: Compliance of the Code of Ukraine on Administrative Offenses with Social Needs and the Current State of Keeping Human Rights and Freedoms
The author has studied administrative detention as a measure to ensure proceedings in cases on administrative offenses, its use in documenting administrative offenses and interdependent measures, as well as the use of data obtained as evidence in proceedings in cases on administrative offenses.
One of the effective means of ensuring proceedings in cases on administrative offenses, termination and documentation of administrative offenses is administrative detention, which restricts a number of human rights and freedoms. Administrative detention also essentially occurs, when a person is forced to stay with the authorized person at the crime scene while drawing up a report on administrative offenses or making a decision, because this person can not leave the place without the permission of the authorized official and move in accordance with the chosen route.
It is alleged that administrative detention creates additional guarantees for the rights and freedoms of a person, who is subject to administrative liability, and whose right to freedom of movement and personal inviolability is limited.
We are confident that the offered amendments to the legislation will help to build the sphere of administrative and tort law and its institutions, which will have a positive impact on the legal system and legislation of independent Ukraine, raise the prestige of its legal system in the world and serve as a convincing argument for citizens for the possibility to be the victim of the arbitrariness of authoritative agencies.
2. Sambor M., 2017. Sociology of administrative-tort law of Ukraine [Sotsiolohiia administratyvno-deliktnoho prava Ukrainy]. Naukovì zapiski Ìnstitutu zakonodavstva Verhovnoï Radi Ukraïni – Scientific Papers of the Legislation Institute of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, No. 4, pp. 68-74.
3. Sambor N.A., 2014. The interaction of norms establishing administrative responsibility and political slogans in the framework of the relationship of politics and law [Vzaimodeistvie norm, ustanavlivayushchikh administrativnuyu otvetstvennost`, i politicheskikh lozungov v ramkakh vzaimosvyazi politiki i prava]. In: Gorupa T.A., Shalaeva T.Z. and Baranovskaya I.V. (eds). Legal regulation of socio-economic relations in the European Union [Pravovoe regulirovanie sotsialno-ekonomicheskikh otnoshenii v Yevropeiskom Soyuze: opyt dlya Respubliki Belarus`]. Brest, 24-25 April. Brest: BrGU. Pp. 60-64.
4. Sambor M., 2017. Views on the concept of reforming the administrative-tort legislation of Ukraine [Pohliady na kontseptsii reformuvannia administratyvno-deliktnoho zakonodavstva Ukrainy]. Naukovì zapiski Ìnstitutu zakonodavstva Verhovnoï Radi Ukraïni – Scientific Papers of the Legislation Institute of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, No. 2, pp. 61-68.
5. Puhach A.V., 2019. Administrative offenses measures [Zakhody zabezpechennia provadzhennia u spravakh pro administratyvni pravoporushennia]. Abstract of Ph.D. dissertation. Dnipropetrovsk State University of Internal Affairs.
6. Komziuk M.A., Kushchenko V.O. and Komziuk A.A., 2017. Legal basis for police detention of administrative detention [Pravovi zasady zastosuvannia politseiskymy administratyvnoho zatrymannia]. In: Kharkiv National University of Internal Affairs et al. Training of police officers in the conditions of reforming the system of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine [Pidhotovka politseiskykh v umovakh reformuvannia systemy MVS Ukrayiny]. Kharkiv, 21 April. Kharkiv: Kharkivskyi natsionalnyi universytet vnutrishnikh sprav.
7. Potsiluiko V.M., 2018. Procedural features of the application of measures to ensure criminal proceedings and cases of administrative offenses: a comparative legal analysis [Protsesualni osoblyvosti zastosuvannia zakhodiv zabezpechennia provadzhennia v kryminalnykh spravakh ta spravakh pro administratyvni pravoporushennia: porivnialno-pravovyi analiz]. Abstract of Ph.D. dissertation. Odessa State University of Internal Affairs.
8. Drozdov O. and Drozdova O., 2020. Why a traffic offender cannot be kept in a police car [Chomu porushnyka PDR ne mozhna trymaty v politseiskomu avtomobili]. [online] Law and Business. Available at https://zib.com.ua/ua/142202-espl_poyasniv_chomu_porushnika_pdr_ne_mozhna_trimati_v_polic.html?fbclid=IwAR2PJplPInAC7z_OXY5t9_qL-qNpnMCVpG7PG2U9mpKXouoLMPJSRBB6MJg [Accessed 2 May 2020].
Copyright (c) 2020 M. A. Sambor
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.