The Principles of Administrative Law as a Prism for Assessing the Content of Normative and Legal Provisions: Opportunities for Identifying the Problems and Solutions
The author of the article assesses the content of administrative normative and legal acts (on the example of legal regulation of restrictions on receiving gifts) through the prism of modern understanding of the principles of administrative law, which made it possible to distinguish a number of problems for determining the content of some of them and to work out the ways to solve them, namely:
1) Having studied the norms of the laws of Ukraine “On Prevention of Corruption” and “On Charitable Activities and Charitable Organizations” through the prism of the principle of humanism and justice in the relations between the individual and the state, it is proved that the legal possibility in the sphere of legal relations in the sphere cannot be restricted (forbidden) humanism and charity;
2) an analysis of the law enforcement practice of implementing the prohibition on gift giving has often revealed a flagrant violation of the rule of law; emphasized that ensuring the legal certainty of the described ban can be ensured by revealing its content by the National Anti-Corruption Agency;
– uncertainty about the specific characteristics of “allowed gifts”, which requires amendments to the Law of Ukraine “On Corruption Prevention” to exclude them or to provide clear explanations within the framework of the NACC Guidelines;
– violation of the provisions of the Typical Anti-Corruption Program of a Legal Entity approved by the Decision of NAPC No. 75 dated from March 2, 2017 No. 75 on the principle of hierarchical highness of law, which requires amendments to them in accordance with the provisions of the Art. 23 of the Law of Ukraine "On Prevention of Corruption", which defines uniform rules for determining the amount of "allowed gift";
– the content of the concept of "gift" does not correspond to such an important element of the rule of law as "prohibition of discrimination and equality before the law", which requires amendments to the Law of Ukraine "On Prevention of Corruption" in the part of the correction of the concept of "gift" as such is bounded by the restriction of "family-private" relations not related to the performance of functions of the state or local self-government.
As a result, it was found out that the principles of administrative law in order to improve the regulatory acts of the sphere of administrative and legal regulation are: 1) as a criterion for assessing the content of provisions of regulatory legal acts, resulting in the isolation of their shortcomings; 2) legal bases for elaboration of amendments and additions to administrative normative legal acts.
Kolomoiets T.O., 2018. Gift for a public official: expediency of a statutory prohibition or restriction [Podarunok dlia publichnoho sluzhbovtsia: dotsilnist normatyvnoi zaborony chy obmezhennia]. In: Management of the National University “Odessa Law Academy” et al. Legal and institutional mechanisms for ensuring the development of Ukraine in the context of European integration [Pravovi ta instytutsiini mekhanizmy zabezpechennia rozvytku Ukrainy v umovakh yevropeiskoi intehratsii]: in 2 vols. Vol. 2. Odesa, 18 May. Odesa: Helvetyka. Pp. 15-17.
Ivantsov V.O. and Makowski Grz., 2016. Restrictions for accepting gifts as a measure to prevent corruption: a critical view on implementation in Ukraine. In: Kharkiv National University of Internal Affairs et al. Criminal and criminological principles of counteraction to corruption [Kryminalno-pravovi ta kryminolohichni zasady protydii koruptsii]. Kharkiv, 15 April. Kharkiv: Kharkivskyi natsionalnyi universytet vnutrishnikh sprav. Pp. 75-79.
Buhaichuk K.L., Bezpalova O.I., Dzhafarova O.V. et al., 2016. Administrative liability for corruption offenses [Administratyvna vidpovidalnist za pravoporushennia, poviazani z koruptsiieiu]. Kharkiv: Kharkivskyi natsionalnyi universytet vnutrishnikh sprav.
Kostytskyi M.V., 2008. Humanism of law as a manifestation of higher (cosmic) laws in society [Humanizm prava yak proiav vyshchykh (kosmichnykh) zakoniv u suspilstvi]. In: Kyiv National University of Internal Affairs et al. Principles of humanism and the rule of law as a condition for the development of a democratic, social, rule of law state (in memory of Professor V. V. Kopieichykov) [Pryntsypy humanizmu ta verkhovenstva prava yak umova rozvytku demokratychnoi, sotsialnoi, pravovoi derzhavy (pamiati profesora V. V. Kopieichykova)]. Kyiv, 26 December. Kyiv: Kyivskyi natsionalnyi universytet vnutrishnikh sprav. Pp. 13-15.
Kolodii A.M. and Oliinyk A.Yu., 2008. Rights, freedoms and responsibilities of individuals and citizens in Ukraine [Prava, svobody ta oboviazky liudyny i hromadianyna v Ukraini]. Kyiv: Pravova yednist.
Kolomoiets T.O., 2011. Administrative Law of Ukraine. Academic course [Administratyvne parvo Ukrainy. Akademichnyi kurs]. Kyiv: Yurinkom Inter.
Melnyk R.S. and Bevzenko V.M., 2014. General Administrative Law [Zahalne administratyvne pravo]. Kyiv: Vaite. (Ed.: Melnyk R.S.).
Copyright (c) 2019 Ivantsov V. О.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.